To improve this experience and enhance the efficiencies of the various Departments at the district-level, e-District project was envisaged to enable providing of integrated and seamless delivery of citizen services by district administration through automation of workflow, backend computerization and data digitization across participating departments.
e-District is one of the 31 Mission Mode Projects (MMP) under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY), Government of India (GoI) is the nodal Department for e-District, which will be implemented by State Governments through their designated agencies. The MMP aims at electronic delivery of identified high volume citizen centric services, at district and sub-district level, which are not part of any other MMP.
Key objectives of eDistrict MMP are:
- Efficient delivery of services with improved Service Levels
- Ensuring the optimum utilization of the already established core e-infrastructure of SWAN, SDC, SSDG, CSCs.
- Access to efficient, reliable, transparent and accountable Services
- Reducing service time & costs for the Government and Citizens
- Enhancing perception & image of the Government
- Transactions started from 27th February 2015.
- 41 services available at e-District Portal.
- Implemented across the State i.e. in all 27 districts and 148 blocks.
- 10000+ Centres for availing services
- Variety of Channels for availing services – Web, Kiosk and Mobile App
- Overall average monthly transaction increased to 1.57 Lakh.
- Last 6 months average monthly transaction is 2 Lakhs.
- Ensuring the online service availability up to Block Level.