Digital Secretariat for Mantralaya in the State of Chhattisgarh
CHi PS has proposed to establish Digital Secretariat for the State Government. The objective of the Digital Secretariat Project is to enhance the efficiency and transparency in administration through the implementation of a comprehensive online workflow application in the state secretariat and various departments of Government of Chhattisgarh. The project will reduce paper work in state secretariat and various departments of Government of Chhattisgarh. In the pilot phase the project is to be rolled out in the Mantralaya and later in all State Government offices of Chhattisgarh
- Automate the routine official tasks in the system like creation of files/ DAKs, tracking of files, file forwarding, etc
- Anywhere-Anytime access of files to the Staff of Secretariat. This will break the barrier of time and location which will make the process much more efficient
- Electronic Security for files - The data is stored in SDC servers which have their in-built security framework
- Better Monitoring and evaluation of Government Schemes with Management Information System (MIS)
- A system that tracks the history of the file, which can monitor the activities of the users of the file automatically, makes the process more transparent and trustworthy.
- This system will help the users in adhering the policies, rules and regulations with no deviation
- Increases the productivity of the government due to reliable vertical and horizontal connectivity
- The Office Automation Application suite has been developed through which the files can be managed, moved and tracked.
- More than 2.00lakhs of files containing 1.36Cr.(approx) pages has been digitized for Mantralaya. Total 48 departments have been covered in this process .Post scanning, Quality Check and Meta data entry operation is performed, after which the scanned files are uploaded in the Office Automation System through which the authentic users can search and forward the files.
- Procured, Distributed and Installed new Hardware (Desktops and Scanners) for all departments of Mantralaya.
- Online Leave Management System has been developed for Mantralaya .This System is rolled out in Jan 2017and successfully working in all departments of Mantralaya. Around 1000 users were trained in Mantralaya on the new system.
- The system is implemented in the Advocate General’s Office in Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh.
- The system with all its features has been implemented in NRDA, CREDA with necessary digitization operation.
- The system with certain customizations has been implemented in Women and Child Development, School Education directorate.
Current Implementation Status
- Integration of e-sign (Aadhar based authentication) with DS is in progress. Using this feature, users can digitally sign the file
- Development of HRMS module using which Payroll generation, Training, employee data will be automated and available at the single window is in progress.
- Lighter and enhanced version of application called DS2.0 has been developed which is available in mobile app form also.