State Wide Area Network - CG SWAN
The Chhattisgarh State Wide Area Network (CG-SWAN) is a very ambitious project to provide the State with a basic information technology backbone which will be utilized for carrying voice, data and voice traffic facilitating interdepartmental communication and data sharing within the State. CG-SWAN will be a safe, fast, reliable and cost effective network connecting all the 146 blocks of the State through a hybrid network consisting of WiMax, leased line and other network technologies on a Public-Private Partnership mode and operating on a Build-Own-Operate-Transfer (BOOT) model. The project will enable instant online interaction among government departments / agencies resulting in obtaining reports on a real time, improving the workflow processes and the pace of decision-making. The project would act as a vehicle for effective implementation of eGovernance projects across the State.
- One of the largest SWAN in India.
- 2 Mbps connectivity till block level
- Successfully integrated with National Knowledge Network (NKN) at district level.
- Largest deployment of WiMax in any SWAN.
- Captive CUG VSAT Hub for CGSWAN VSAT connectivity.
- First SWAN to implement IPv6 (Dual Stack).
- Anywhere-Anytime access to Government Services for citizens
- Availability of government services in cost-effective manner regardless of location
- Prompt communication between citizens and the government
- Better Monitoring and evaluation of Government Schemes with Management Information System (MIS)
- Substantial Reduction in Communication Cost
- Increases the productivity of the government due to reliable vertical and horizontal connectivity
- M/s Bharti Airtel Ltd. has been selected after a transparent bidding process for Facility Management Service and AMC of CGSWAN Project.
- Bandwidth provisions for Leased Lines, VSAT and Internet are being made by BSNL, Antrix Corporation and NKN respectively.
- No. of Point-of-Presence (PoPs)
SHQ 1 DHQ 17 BHQ 116 BHQ with VSAT 15
VSAT Police Stations 77 Leased Line 408 WiMAX 2864