Naya Raipur First Smart City of the country and upcoming I.T Hub
Naya Raipur is the 1 st Smart City of India with an area of237 sq. k.m in which an investment of Rs.5 thousand crores is already done and afurther investment of Rs, 10 thousand croresb in the pipeline. I.T.I.R (Information Technology Investment Region) has been proposedfor developing Naya Raipur as IT Hub of the State. An IT Tower is fastcoming up as Plug & Play infrastructure for IT ITeS industries. IT Incubation centre and Startup Village are also proposed in this city. An entire sector of the city has been earmarked for establishing Electronic Manufacturing Cluster
High Return on Investment
The investors are expected to reap in high returns on Investment in short time due incentives for fixed and working capital on investment including setting up and operational costs and lowcost of living in the cities of Chhattisgarh compared to other country
Premier educational institutes of national repute like Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). National Institute of Technology (NIT), Indian Institute of Information Technology( IIIT), Hidayatullah National law University (HNLU), All Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University,Guru Ghasidas Central University and 50 engineering Colleges, 25 Polytechnics and 118 ITIs of the state will ensure availability of quality manpower for company setting up base in chhattisgarh. State Capacity building programme is being implemented through Skill Development Mission for capacity building in human resource A finishing school for engineers to cater to the needs of Electronics, IT/TTeS industry is being setup.The incentive under this policy will promote the establishment of skill development institutions in the state to provide training to local manpower as per the need of Electronics, IT/ITeS industries It is being planned to conduct common campus selection for providing employment besides providing technical training to youth in coordination with technical institution and Electronics/IT Industry
Chhattisgarh State is a power surplus state with current generating capacity of 21000 MV which is targeted to increase to 41000 MW by the end of 12th Five Year Plan. The State's electrical tariff is 35% cheaper than all India average. Availability of uninterrupted quality power supply at a very competitive rate will reduce the operational cost for Electronics Manufacturing Clusters and IT/ITeS industries thereby leading to cost effective production.
Local business prospects
Chhattisgarh is a leading state in Steel, Cement production, energy generation and mining sector. Various Departments of Chhattisgarh state are front runners in delivering various e-services through e-Governance. Hence, there is huge scope for investors in getting local business through IT/ITeS and automation in the above Industrial sectors and Government departments.
- Capital of Chhattisgarh State is having excellent connectivity with important cities of the country by Air through an Airport ranked one of the best in Non Metro category and East-West Corridor of Railways.
- The state has strategic depth and is seismically most stable against natural calamities such as earthquake, flood, and cyclone. The state is best suited for the establishment of Data Recovery Centre, Data Centre in the cities of Naya Raipur, Raipur, Bhilai-Durg, Bilaspur and Korba cities.
- Excellent social infrastructure with multispecialty healthcare hospitals such as Apollo, Fortis and AIMS.
- Shopping malls in the city of Raipur, PVR, INOX, CineMax with 20 lakh Sq.Ft. built up space.
- High end Hotel groups : Taj, Hyatt, Mariott & Major Luxury brands such as Jaguar, Audi, BMW present.