- About us
- Guiding Force
- Media Center
- Capacity Building
- Contact us
Gyan Vinimay (e-classroom)
The eClassroom (“Gyan Vinimay”) project adopts an integrated view of the e-learning system where online lectures and onsite training programmes are synergized. Under this project a very high bandwidth video conferencing connectivity (2 mbps broadband) between IIT Kanpur and Engineering Colleges at Raipur and Bilaspur & Government Science Colleges at Raipur, Rajnandgaon, Kurud and Kawarda have been established. Depending on the faculty shortage and the expertise shortage, online classes have been conducted by faculties of IIT Kanpur for local students of Govt. Engineering Colleges and Govt. Science Colleges of the State. Similarly, faculties from the engineering colleges were sent for training to IIT Kanpur for up-gradation of their skills. The project facilitates the conventional system in taking a “skill forward view” and helps in upscaling the knowledge base and teaching standards of these colleges. Several engineering and science students of Chhattisgah have already been benefited by the e-lectures delivered from IIT-Kanpur through e-classroom.
- Chhattisgarh was the first State in the country to create state-of-the-art virtual classrooms at Engineering Colleges at Raipur and Bilaspur.
- A total of 173 online classes have been conducted for the Engineering students in the year 2006-07.
- Four more e-Classrooms have been operational in Government Science Colleges since 25th August 2008
- 11 Science disciplines (Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Information Tech., Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Computer Science and
- Defense Study) have been identified for e-lectures to the four Science colleges.
- A total of 379 online classes have been conducted for Graduate / P.G. level science students for 2008-09 , 2009-10 & 2010-11.
- e-classroom is being instrumental in overcoming the faculty shortage and expertise gap.
- Upgrading the capacities of faculty for better teaching capabilities.
- Facilitates students to have a clear understanding of advanced practical and theoretical subjects.
- Exposes students and faculty to world-class teaching and learning environment