- About us
- Guiding Force
- Media Center
- Capacity Building
- Contact us
Crime and Criminal Tracking and Network System (CCTNS)
This Mission Mode Project of police, Crime and Criminal Tracking and Network System (CCTNS), aims at facilitating the process of civil policing and law enforcement by utilizing ICT effectively. Under this project 12000 + police stations are to be computerized which are expected to create information base regarding crimes and criminals.
Some of the services envisaged under this project include citizen portal, complaint and FIR
management, PCR call interface and management, investigation management, court and jail interface and management, crime and criminal record management, periodic crime and law & order reports and review dashboard, notification of alerts, state CAS administration and configuration management, crime and criminal reports, Talaash, person of interest etc. CCEA has approved the scheme on June 19, 2009 with the project outlay of Rs 2000 Crore.
Preparation of guidelines for implementing states was completed on June 30, 2009. State Plans for 2009-10 of all states/UTs assessed and response has been sent to states.
SDA RFP had been finalized and was issued to short-listed vendors on October 24, 2009. State Designated Agencies and Governance Structure have been constituted at all States/UTs. 5 regional workshops were held to facilitate activities amongst States/UTs. Strengthening of Capacity Building infrastructure at States/UTs is in progress. Project is expected to be completed by March 2012.
Benefits to Citizens
- Multiple channels to access services from police like, Web, Call centre and Police dept
- Office to access the some services they need. This would save them a lot of time and effort and would ensure convenience to each citizen.
- Simplified process for registering and tracking petitions and FIRs.
- Simplified process for accessing general services such as requests for certificates, verifications, and permissions.
- Simplified process for registering grievances against police.RFP for State System Integrator for Implementation of CCTNS in Chhattisgarh
- Simplified process for tracking the progress of the case during trials.
- Simplified access to view/report unclaimed/recovered vehicles and property.
- Improved relationship management for victims and witnesses.
- Greater access to traffic police for registering traffic complaints.
- Faster and assured response from police to any emergency calls for assistance.
- Higher flexibility w.r.t obtaining status of their applications / service request immediately on request.
- Faster and efficient processes.
Benefits to Chhattisgarh Police
- Enhanced tools for investigation.
- Centralized crime and criminal information repository along with the criminal images and fingerprints with advanced search capabilities.
- Enhanced ability to analyze crime patterns, modus operandi.
- Enhanced ability to analyze accidents and other road incidents.
- Faster turnaround time for the analysis results (crime and traffic) to reach the officers on the field.
- Reduced workload of the police station back-office activities such as preparation of regular and ad-hoc reports and station records management.
- Enhanced tools to optimize resource allocation for patrols, emergency response, petition enquiries, and other general duties.
- A collaborative knowledge-oriented environment where knowledge is shared across the different regions and units.
- Better coordination and communication with external stakeholders through implementation of electronic information exchange systems.
- Advanced tools for traffic regulation and enforcement.
- Automated system would save the efforts of the officials in various day to day tasks.
- Automation of Search of Documents will facilitate convenience for the Police officials
- Speedy recovery of data and impounding will be possible due to instant access to data.
- Timely Report generation with all desired fields would be possible through the automated system.
This will help the decision makers of the Department in prompt decision making & progress tracking.
- State empowered committee formed.
- M/s Wipro has been selected as State Project Management Consultant (SPMC) for CCTNS Project.
- M/s New Horizons India Ltd. selected as trainer for basic IT skills training of Police Personnel.
- 22 training centers have been formed for IT skills training of Police Personnel
- RFP has been published for selection of System Integrator (SI).
- 3387 Police Personnel trained with basic IT skills.
- Technical evaluation in state of completion for selection of System Integrator (SI).