- About us
- Guiding Force
- Media Center
- Capacity Building
- Contact us
Chhattisgarh has prominent position in the information technology sector, and is on the way to create a knowledge society where access to information and knowledge would be symmetric amongst all seekers and users. The State Government has a dedication to facilitate the development of Biotechnology and has announced several incentives for Biotech industries through the State Biotechnology Policy 2003. The rich forests, livestock, large number of varieties of medicinal and aromatic plant, animals and fish resources etc are the key components, which can fulfill the need of these industries.
Status of State
- State blessed with rich forest and natural wealth
- High potential for development in Biotechnology sector supported by peaceful
environment and abundant forest-agricultural land.
- Efforts to adopt scientific methods in agriculture, animal husbandry and Fisheries to improve quality and socio economic growth of farmers
- Lustrous future for growth of biotechnology in the State
Aim of Biotechnology in Chhattisgarh
- Making available the benefits of bio-products and bioscience
- Awareness on safe and optimum usage of bioproducts
- Achieve 5% share in Bio-technology sector of the country by 2012
- Encourage research & development in Bio-technology sector and using it for the development of the State.
- Develop high quality infrastructure and encourage establishment of bio-industries
Biotechnology and CHiPS
CHiPS is the nodal agency for implementing Biotechnology in the State and ensure:
- Work on Bio-safety, Bio-ethics & IPR related areas
- Secure the establishment of industries
- Awareness of Bio-tech products to concerned consumers and investors
- Compliance to safety regulations
- Development of Human Resources
- Initiated the work for setting up Bio-tech Park in the State
- Making available the human resource database in the private sector
- Providing network access facility to research institutions
Biotechnology and health care
- Introduced Medical Biotechnology course at postgraduate level at Medical College, which is fifth in the country.
- Established Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Regional Research Institute at Medical College, Raipur for preventing genetic diseases.
- Digitalisation and documentation of practice and plants used by traditional practioners - through series of workshop at block level.
Biotechnology and Agriculture
- CHiPS facilitate Grant-In-Aid of Rs. 123.75 lakhs from Government of India for different agricultural based research project.
- Financial assistance to International Symposium organised by Department of Biotechnology Indira Gandhi Agriculture University, Raipur.
- Financial assistance to 15 days Workshop organised by Department of Biotechnology Indira Gandhi Agriculture University, Raipur.
Biotechnology and Human Resource
- Establishment of Sub-DIC for Bioinformatics at National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- Financial assistance for National & International conferences & seminars.
- Workshops & Trainings for introducing newly developed Biotechnology tools and techniques.
- Detailed Project Report for setting-up-of Biotechnology Park has been prepared in collaboration with BCIL, New Delhi.
- Land identified for proposed Biotech Park.
- RFP, Tender Document in process
Awards & Accolades
- State placed 1st Position in Bangalore Bio 2005
- State placed 2nd Position in Bangalore Bio 2006
- State placed “Jury’s special recognition award” in Bangalore Bio 2007.
- State placed “Jury’s most innovative pavilion” in Bangalore Bio 2008.